This is a great article by Nicole Pajer from Pet360 with 11 ways you’re shortening your dog’s life. We like to think that as pet parents we are providing a healthy and happy life for our dogs.
We feed them top quality food. We give them lots of love. We toss the ball around the backyard whenever we have the time, but there is a lot more that goes into raising a healthy pup.
Sometimes, our busy lifestyles cause us to overlook some simple measures that could help to extend the lifespan of our pampered pooch.
The good news, however, is that this can be repaired. It’s not too late to bump up the level of care that we put into raising our canines.
Pets360 tapped the minds of several experienced veterinarians across the nation to get their input on ways we may inadvertently be shortening our dog’s lives and here’s what they came up with.
11 Ways You’re Shortening Your Dog’s Life
Help your dog live longer by avoiding these things:
- Letting your dog gain too much weight
- Neglecting canine dental care
- Skipping annual check ups
- Not providing daily exercise
- Exposing your dog to second-hand smoke
- Forgetting about heartworm and flea and tick prevention
- Pushing certain breeds too hard
- Feeding your dog table scraps
- Letting your dog outside unsupervised
- Not socializing your dog
- Not spaying or neutering
To read the full article, please click on the link below:
…because we love ’em like you do!
Just Happy Hounds, LLC – Midtown – Doggie Daycare – Dog Boarding – Dog Grooming – Dog Training
Call 205.419.3300 today!